Gamma Alpha

University of Miami

Chapter History

The Gamma Alpha chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha is the 74th link in the chain of ZTA chapters nationwide. Gamma Alpha was originally colonized on the University of Miami campus on March 26, 1938. The chapter closed in the 1980s, when sororities nationwide were falling out of fashion with the changing times. On March 26, 1992, the chapter reopened its doors on UM's campus and is now one of eight Panhellenic organizations on campus.